I am a white man marrying a Vietnamese girl (from Vietnam) therefore maybe I am able to offer a small amount of assistance in regards to the wedding precious precious jewelry procedure.
Brief solution: Yes, you might be proper. Moms and dads present wedding precious jewelry towards the bride to be.
Long response: During the betrothal (tea) ceremony, which normally takes destination a couple weeks to a couple months prior to the real wedding, the groom’s moms and dads typically presents the bride with wedding precious jewelry. The jewelry was usually high-karat (at least 20 karat) single asian ladies yellow gold, and consisted of a thick necklace, drop earrings, and some sort of bangle or bracelet in the past. Today, it is often the exact exact same thick necklace and bracelet, nevertheless the earrings usually are diamond (or higher likely fake diamond) earrings rather than just simple gold, plus the string may have a pendant also.
This is basically the customized. But that does not suggest you must abide by it into the T. I might state that, then they’re not going to budge on the presenting of gifts during the tea ceremony if the parents are fairly conservative (are they living in Vietnam or Vietnamese Americans. But the majority day that is modern are not likely to insist upon buying those precise items which we in the above list.
For instance, within my situation, my fiancee and it was discussed by me along with her moms and dads. My fiancee hates gold that is yellow it appears terrible on the skin) therefore all of us agreed that yellow gold could be a big waste of income on her to put on for only one day. Therefore we are nevertheless doing the necklace and diamond earrings, however in white metals rather. We additionally consented that the bracelet could be a waste (since my fiancee does not wear those) and so I’ll get her a modest, nice watch alternatively (which she really wishes and would utilize). This is as well as the gemstone her, which is more my (American) custom that I got.
Additionally, concerning the parent’s associated with groom “buying” the precious jewelry, exactly just what the bride’s moms and dads don’t understand won’t hurt them. My situation seems similar to your cousin’s. I will be in a far greater state economically than my parents. They reside a really modest life and my mother has already established health conditions recently, so that they would not manage to make such acquisitions in monetary prudence, and I also would not would like them to either. And so I’m purchasing most of the precious precious jewelry, but my moms and dads can have it to my fiancee throughout the ceremony. Does not actually matter who buys it, exactly that it is presented by them. In the event that bride’s moms and dads really care and have about any of it (that we very question they’ll), simply inform your sibling to express “My moms and dad’s and I also picked it down together. “
Additionally, about the “extravagant” wedding precious jewelry you are seeing, i could inform you a things that are few may relieve the mind.
1. ) Gold precious precious jewelry is SUPER low priced in Vietnam. Really, you fundamentally have the precious precious jewelry at melt value for the silver content plus a few bucks for the work. Therefore these extremely dense, high carat yellow gold necklaces that could offer for a $1k plus in the us? Yeah, you can spend about a 3rd of this in Vietnam for quality that is coequally as good as. If you’re obtaining the ceremonies in Vietnam therefore the bride desires the dense yellowish gold precious jewelry, buy it in Vietnam!
2. ) I might not purchase diamonds in Vietnam. Diamond costs are pretty tightly managed through the entire global globe, so are theren’t actually any discounts on that front side. And we very question you have access to quality that is high from truthful salesmen here. So purchase it when you look at the U.S. IF she desires diamonds. See point that is next
3. ) Check concerning the diamonds if these are typically necessary. Within my case, i did so the diamond stud earrings and engagement ring merely because I experienced the economic methods to and I also wished to. But we extremely question the moms and dad’s would insist upon them. Let me make it clear a secret that is little nearly all of those extravagant images you will be seeing of Vietnamese wedding precious jewelry in Vietnam: The silver is real, but we guarantee you that 95% of any stones in said precious jewelry are fake.
4. ) PEARLS. The greatest kept key of Vietnam! Pearls are SUPER cheap there (similar to the silver). Vietnam is just one of the biggest producers of Gem-quality pearls on earth. And you will buy them straight during the supply here. Whenever my fiancee and I also had been visiting Hu? year that is last we stopped by a local oyster agriculture Village. No-one talked English, and so I allow my fiancee do the negotiating, but we got two sets of positively gorgeous, 10mm pearl necklaces and matching earrings for roughly the same as $125 total (for BOTH sets). I happened to be reluctant to get them, because We thought we might be used for the trip, but We stated “Then, they may be breathtaking regardless of if they are fake. ” Took them home and decided to go to a jeweler to see should they had been genuine. Turns he said they would sell for about $500 each of the necklace/earring sets out they were, and. Therefore about $1000 of pearl precious precious jewelry for $125. Gave one set each to my mother along with her mother and additionally they are loved by them.
Tl: dr version of this novelette (sorry, i obtained excited to see another Vietnamese right here ):
1) communicate with parent’s in legislation. Discuss objectives and just just what the bride actually wishes (that is what is very important). 2) purchase the gold and/or pearls in Vietnam. Do not waste your cash when you look at the U.S. Consider, every pricing is negotiable here. 3 and a lot of essential) Discuss if diamonds are essential. If neither your cousin nor your mother and father are able to afford them, We extremely question the bride’s parents would let that can come between them as well as the wedding. Vietnamese folks are a few of the most non-materialistic and individuals that are family-oriented’ve had the pleasure of getting together with within my globe travels, and I also can nearly guarantee which they just want their child become pleased. We question they would put such value on a few specs of carbon which they would wait or cancel a tea ceremony on it.
If genuine diamonds are not necessary, you can get the silver and/or pearl (or diamond that is fake necklaces, earrings, and bracelet for $500-1000 in Vietnam. And once more, it does not matter that the parents or your brother pay it off. Exactly that your parents give it to your bride.
All the best to your cousin and their fiancee.